Digital tyre pressure checker
- Provides a quick check of tyre pressure for cars or motorcycles.
- Very compact, you can take it with you everywhere.
This small pressure gauge, also usually called manometer, is very practical and easy to use. You can easily check your tyre pressures, without having to go to a garage or service station.
Just connect the gauge to the tyre valve, and the pressure is displayed on the digital screen, in real time. You'll find the manufacturer's recommended tyre pressures in the driver's handbook for your vehicle.
For safe driving, it is strongly recommended that tyre pressures be checked monthly, and before trips over longer distances. This is important for your own safety and that of your passengers.
10% of fatal accidents on motorways are directly due to under-inflated tyres.
Risks with under-inflated or over-inflated tyre(s):
- Your tyre may overheat and burst.
- Faster rate of wear on both the tyre tread and walls.
- Fuel consumption increased by up to 10% (measured average).
What are the consequences of a wrong tyre pressure?
Almost half the cars on the road are being driven with insufficient pressure in at least one tyre, and this has serious consequences:
- Road holding is less precise and less stable,
- Tyres wear faster and/or unevenly,
- The vehicle consumes more fuel.
Is over-inflation also dangerous?
Under-inflation is dangerous (tyre pressure 20% too low causes 25% more tyre wear), and so is over-inflation. With a tyre pressure that is too high, only the centre of the tyre tread is in contact with the road, which increases the risk of less grip, poor braking and faster tyre wear.
Tyre pressures should be properly checked as follows:
- Always check tyres cold (vehicle not driven for at least 3 hours). Check regularly (monthly and before driving long distances).
- Tyre pressures must be identical on the same axle (front or rear), as per the manufacturer's recommendations.
- Screw the valve caps properly onto the valves, as they prevent dirt from entering the valve. If any valve cap is missing, it is recommended that it be replaced immediately.
In addition to the digital tyre pressure checker, this manometer has a tyre's wear checker that allows you to know when you must change your tyres.
We remind you that you have to change your tyres when your tyre's wear checker reaches 1,6 mm.
Features of the digital pressure gauge:
- LED lighting to check easier, even at night,
- Operates with two CR2032 lithium batteries (included),
- Pressure display in BAR, PSI, KPA or KG/CM2,
- On/Off button,
- Tyre's wear checker.